Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bonjour de la France

I arrived in Angers yesterday! I was met by a member of my host family who drove me to the house with a petit tour on the way. My host family is very nice but I feel kind of strange in someone's home. I don't want to hinder them and I'd rather be alone anyhow. When in my room I became a little emotional when I couldn't figure out if they had internet or not to email my parents. I had a more extensive tour later and went to the store for a few things. I ate a dinner with my family, kinda of stew with pork and vegetables followed by a little bit of cheese and bread and then nutella with caramel crepes! C'etait bien. I went to bed early for me around 10 after I failed at trying to watch american tv on the internet.  After 24 hours without sleep and a lot of traveling I was extremely tired and a bit emotional.

My room is nice and rather big but the set up is odd. In the main room their is a desk and awesome hutch type thing as well as twin bed that is not in use, my double bed is in a connected room that is bit like a storage room or attic with a sky light and a wardrobe.



Today I went on a small walk around the city.



I went to my school.


And then back around to the super market where I bought more necessities and my first pain au chocolat in France at the separate bakery.  It was awesome. I meant to take a picture but than I ate it. oops. I bought some soda that comes in strange shaped bottles like a missal or a torpedo.

Here are some more photos from my walk.




"Je t'aime Margot"
This last one was the wall outside of a private music middle school.  I thought it was extremely cute and reminded me of american middle school.
I'm not really sure what to do on my own here, my other friend who is here doesn't seem to have internet and neither one of us have phones yet. I want to journey to the center of town soon, but not alone. I might though.
I miss everyone already! A bientot.

1 comment:

  1. WOW - Lianna - have fun looks beautiful what an adventure. You will look back on this time in your life with such awesome memories. I admire your courage in venturing out there. Can't wait to see more of you travels along the way. We love you! Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete